Sunday, 16 October 2011

Teapot Bag

Following on from the success of making my daughter a new PE bag, I had to make one for myself in a more adventurous design.  I was inspired by a design in my quilting book which I decided to enhance with pockets and a couple of other touches.
So,  it was off to one of my favourite shops, The Fabric Warehouse, for some fabric to make a bag for my dance shoes. I had in mind a dance themed fabric, but the ballroom one I found wasn't really me, I'd really wanted a ballet theme. What I did find was a fantastic teapot print. Nothing at all to do with dance but very me.

Pocket lined and pressed
made 2 pockets from a the fabric that I had chosen for the handles.

Pocket was sewn to the bag lining
 before the lining was sewn together
I used wadding to pad the bag and lined it with a contrasting plain blue fabric.
Lining in place

Interface ironed to the handle panel
 and handles pinned in place
Handles ready to be attached

Handles attached to the bag and
ready for magnetic clasps to be added.
2 magnetic clasps were added which weren't in the original design.
Position of the clasp marked ready for
the fabric to be cut using a stitch ripper

Clasp pushed through the fabric and
 backed with a square of wadding
Back in place and arms folded over

Clasp in place
 The handle panel was hand stitched to the lining inside the bag and my work was done.

The finished bag

No comments:

Post a Comment