Wednesday 30 December 2020

2020 Christmas Craft

 Lockdown and Tier 2 & 3 have given me more craft time this year. I haven't been able to go out and do things that I would normally do so it's been a good time to get some projects done that I've been planning for years.


To be eco- friendly and use up some of my stash of Christmas fabric I made gift bags.



I used them to gift wrap presents for 2 of my crafty friends.


I bought myself a wreath making kit in Hobbycraft just before the 2nd lockdown.


A friend gave me a wreath making book for my birthday and enough wool to make one with a Christmas Robin.




On a rainy Sunday afternoon, I got my glue gun out, put on a Christmas film and had a lovely time putting the wreaths together.



Another job for my glue gun was to make a pompom tree. 



I saw this project about 5 years ago in the Hobbycraft tent at a craft fair where they were promoting pompom makers. 


I made half pompoms with wool from my stash.


I had some help from Bonnie putting it together.

On Christmas Eve I made a table decoration using cuttings I'd gathered from the garden using skills I'd learnt on a workshop at Hampton Court Palace last year.

And finally, something I started about 3 years ago and finally got around to finishing.

A gingerbread man garland which I completed a few days after Christmas.