Monday 27 August 2018

My She Shed is Operational

It's August Bank Holiday weekend and 2 years ago this weekend  
I started work on my She Shed.


Life has got in the way of working on it, but finally this weekend, it is operational as the space I planned, even though the design & ideas have changed a bit along the way.


 I have somewhere I can sit in peace and quiet, crochet and have a cuppa. 


I have shelving for books and keepsakes that don't fit in the house. 


My craft books are organised and accessible, as is much of my wool stash.


I have an old folding table, ironing board and iron. So there is space  to block my crochet and knitting projects, away from the cats and not taking up any house space.

 

The old family sideboard provides extra storage.


The pinboard and hanging space display mementos and makes.


A few fairy lights.


There's still work to do but I can take my time in the finishing touches. At last, I have my own little sanctuary that I've dreamed of for years.