Sunday 31 December 2017

Charity Christmas Pudding Evening

I recently spent a very enjoyable evening at a Christmas Pudding making evening organised by the Reading branch of Cancer Research UK. I met up with current work chums and previous work chums.


It was held in the college kitchens. We each had our own work stations ready laid out with the recipe sheet & equipment. 


All the ingredients had been donated & we collected them from the weighing station.


Then got mixing.



Not only did I end up with my first ever home made Christmas Pudding, 


but we won the quiz


and I won a raffle prize, a beautiful handmade necklace donated by my friend and fellow quiz winner.


I also bought a few things from the craft stall.


I steamed the pudding at home.


Reheated it on Christmas Day


and very tasty it was too.