Thursday 31 December 2015

Goodbye 2015

So often I can't wait for the new year to start as I can't wait for the old year to be behind me. This year is different. I look back on 2015 as a great year.
Apart from a minor blip with an unexpected vet bill, I have remained debt free and intend to continue doing so. 


My major task this year was was to remortgage & remove the ex from the mortgage & house deeds. Such a relief when it was all done.


I faced my biggest car repair ever, but had the money put away to cover it.


I've tackled DIY tasks that have long needed doing.


My frugal journey continues but my budgeting allows for a bit of living as well. We had a VIP trip to Les Miserables to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. All saved and budgeted for.


We had a relaxing holiday on the Isle of Wight where we walked alpacas & fed wallabies. Holidays are important family time to me. I have a small budget for them but it's worth every penny.



I kitted her out for university  She worked so hard to get there.We went to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet to celebrate the end of her A levels.



I've improved my crochet skills by doing courses at The Fabric Warehouse.



All in all 2015 has been a good year. Here's to 2016. Happy New Year!